October 2, 2012
Extensis Suitcase v. 3.3 has been deployed to labs and faculty laptops.
- Faculty will need to run the Managed Software Update application to install the update.
Start of new school Year 2012-2013
Please refer to the front page article listing any changes for the start of the school year.
April 30, 2012 (At night)
Adobe Camera Raw v. 6.7 RC 1 deployed to labs only
- By request, the release candiate of Camera Raw has been deployed to the labs to resolve an issue found in Lightroom.
Microsoft Office 2011 v. 14.2.1 deployed to labs only
- 14.2.1 patch was deployed to bring the Office suite into compliance with the ISO standard. It also resolved a PowerPoint playback issue.
March 23, 2012
Adobe Lightroom v. 3.6
- Issue found when deploying LR v. 4 that removed v. 3.6 from all computers. Issue has been fixed and 3.6 is being redeployed.
March 22, 2012
Adobe Photoshop Lightroom v. 4
- Upgraded to 4.0 on all Mac OS systems
March 20, 2012
- Deploying only to Faculty and Staff systems to meet ISO security standard
20113 Spring Quarter Updates
Adobe Master Collection 5.5
- Applied all the current updates to the Master Collection Suite. This also includes Acrobat security patches
Mac OS X Lion
- Pilot phase has started for OS X Lion. The following labs will be reimaged during the break. Barschel, New Media Lab, and a couple of computers in ESP.
Maxon Cinema R13
- Updating to the latest version of Cinema R13.
February 15, 2012
iWork ’09 AELP
- iWork is now available to Mac users via the FileWave Kiosk menu item. Please look in your menu bar for a “Red” flag icon. Click on this and choose install software.
January 12, 2012
Blender v. 2.61
- Blender v. 2.61 64 BIT will be installed on all Lab Mac computers. Faculty and Staff will be able to opt in via the FileWave Kiosk interface.
FileWave Client 5.5.1
- Client updated on all managed computers. Brings some new interesting features for Faculty and Staff via a Kiosk interface.
20112 Winter Quarter Updates
Adobe Flash Player for Mac
- v. 188.8.131.52 updated everywhere
Avid Media Composer
- Updated to v. 5.5.3 in A080(POST)
- v. 12 will be installed over break week
- v. 3.0 for the Stop Motion Photography program in the SMP lab only
Final Cut Pro
- FCP X v. 10.0.2 will be added to all lab computers that currently have FCP Studio. Please look for it in the Applications folder under “Final Cut X”. Please note, FCP Studio will remain.
- All browsers will be upgraded to v. 8.0
- R13 is scheduled to be installed for start of Winter Quarter. We are still currently waiting for media. Until we get the media, count on R12 being installed.
- Version 4R2 will be installed over break after grades are due.
Maya FBX Plugin
- The latest version of the FBX plugins for Maya 2012 x64 will be installed on all Windows lab computers over break.
Vue 9.5 xStream
- Some windows lab computers will be upgraded to version 9.5 from version 8 of Vue xStream
- Bunkspeed Hypershot and Hypermove, replaced by Shot and Move, will be upgraded to Bunkspeed Pro Suite over break. Bunkspeed Pro combines Shot, Move, and other tools into one package.