Forms for Students

Most forms students need are available on the Registrar’s Office website.

Examples of commonly used forms: Add/Drop/Audit, Change of Program/Plan, Minor Authorization/Change.  For these and other forms, please visit:

Office of the Registrar


Considering a Leave of Absence?

If you are considering a Leave of Absence, please read this document:Leave of Absence Planning:  Student Guide to Considering an LOAand meet with your primary academic advisor who will initiate the approval process.


FERPA consent (permission to release educational records)

FERPA Consent Form


The Independent Study form is unique to CAD

Please read the Guidelines included with the form. Complete the form electronically, then print to obtain signatures: CAD Independent Study Form

Handwritten Independent Study forms will not be accepted. Once you have all the signatures, turn the form in to CAD Student Services (GAN-1075) for processing.


Transfer Credit Pre-Approval

Students wishing to take a class or classes at another school and transfer the credits to RIT should obtain pre-approval to ensure the credits will transfer.  For CAD courses complete this form electronically, then print to obtain approval: CAD Transfer Credit PreApproval. Once you have approval, turn the form in to CAD Student Services (GAN-1075).
General Education courses must be pre-approved by Liberal Arts Student Services using their form: Liberal Arts Transfer Credit Prior Approval Form